16 April 2012

Clarisonic Mia 2: Review


Good day lovelies!


Enough time has passed since I first started using the Clarisonic Mia 2, that I can now write a post about it. Isn't that super exciting?!  
I have been so eager to share my experience with you because it has been just that- an experience.
Me holding the Mia 2 in  the color Peony
Top Left: Clarisonic brush head for "Delicate" skin (it's got a blue base color)

Bottom Left: My beloved skin care arsenal; the Crème de La Mer Moisturizer and La Mer Cleansing Fluid
Prior to purchasing the Clarisonic, I read so many great reviews from people praising it. So I decided that it had to be true. There aren't many bad reviews; I read maybe around 10, out of HUNDREDS! Almost all of the positive reviews mentioned to give your skin around two weeks or so to get used to the product.  Even the creator himself said that your skin will go through a "purging process" in which you could experience breakouts.  So it was important to keep using it, even through the breakouts.

Now onto my Clarisonic review…
(Read the full post for more information and my rating!)

When I purchased my Clarisonic, I specifically told the representative [several times] that I had crazy sensitive skin.  I told her that the "normal" brush head would most likely be too strong for me, but she blew me off like it was no big deal, and threw in a bunch of other words at a mile a minute about how she breaks out too and we both have "normal" skin, so I was under the impression that she'd heard & understood me. I have sensitive, acne prone skin.  End of story.
As part of my purchase, I received an additional brush head for free.  Since I had told the woman that I'd much rather prefer the brush head for delicate skin, I had assumed that was what she included as my gift...I was sadly mistaken.  I went home and unpacked my Mia 2, and had two brush heads, both for normal skin.  So I thought, "what the heck, I'll try it".  I mean, she did work for Clarisonic, so maybe she knows better, right?

For the first week and a half, I was convinced that it wouldn't work for me. Ok, I know I read that I would possibly break out, but woah! I was not ready for it. My face looked horrible.  I wanted to crawl under a rock and just hide from the world.
My skin felt "raw"; sensitive to the touch, and I had these cystic pimples that were kind of painful. So I thought it could be that the brush head was too harsh for me, and probably the main reason why my breakouts kept getting worse.  Slowly, I started questioning the actual product.
I was on the fence about returning it, so I went out and purchased the proper brush head for delicate skin. I decided I would give the Clarisonic another week, and if I still didn't see any improvements, I would return it.

I swear, after the first two days of using my Mia 2 with the [proper] delicate brush head, I understood what all the hype was about.
I have been using the Clarisonic for about a month now, and I will never ever be without it. I have become so dependent on it that if it were taken away, it'd be like someone took away my toothbrush, or deodorant!
Top Left: The Clarisonic Mia 2 (in color Peony)
Top Right: The Mia 2 comes with this great travel case
Bottom: Brush head on the left (white base) is for Normal skin; right (blue base) for Delicate skin

My skin now has this beautiful healthy glow, and my acne scars are disappearing!!
Not only does it help to deep cleanse your skin (removing all traces of dirt and makeup), but it helps your skin absorb your products better.  So you’re getting more benefits from your cleanser, toner, moisturizer, even foundation and powder! 
I still get my occasional "hormonal" break outs, but it's not as bad as before. I knew I had better skin under all the scars, but I never knew I had healthy glowy supple skin as well!  


I hope you found this post helpful if you have been questioning whether you should shell out the money for a Clarisonic.  I personally recommend it!

6 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I just fell in love with your floral background.
I think everyone and their momma got one of these clarisonic, i'm gonna get the neutrogena one, just because there's no way i'm shelling out the money for this.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I hear ya! I was eyeing the Clarisonic for about a year before I finally got one. I used some gift certificates to ease the blow of the price. I have to say though, given my nasty skin circumstances, it was worth saving up all my holiday gift certificates :)

Maryam Maquillage said... [Reply to comment]

this is a terrific review Stephanie! I'm sure I would need the sensitive brush head too (for my cheeks for sure)... I'm so glad the product worked out for you in the end, but you should definitely get your money back for purchasing the wrong brush due to a bad recommendation! I hope you did :))

Lotus Blossom Design said... [Reply to comment]

great post! we love our Clarisonic too xo

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks darling! I didn't get my money back since it was a free gift :( but I'll give the stronger brush away. Maybe to my bro or something ;)

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks! :D

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read and appreciate every single one

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...