03 June 2012

Tie Dye/ Rainbow/ Dip Dyed/ Ombrè Hair Extensions

Greetings Darlings!

Celebrities, designers, and beauty guru’s everywhere have been sporting the new Ombrè hair trend.

Although I really do like the natural hair color Ombrè (gradient of current hair color, usually from brown to blonde), I was particularly attracted to the dip dyed pastel colored hair.

This trend blew up when photos of Lauren Conrad’s rainbow dip dyed hair surfaced. This photo has been heavily circulating throughout the web.  People just can’t get enough, and I can see why!


Since I have brown hair, I didn’t want to bleach my hair in order to color the tips.  I also work a boring 9-5, and I don’t think many people would find funky rainbow hair to be too professional.  So I needed another option.

Luckily, there are clip in (and also iTip) hair extensions!  After looking through several pages on Etsy, I came across Lulu’s Galaxy.  What appealed to me the most was that she offers custom extensions, so the sky’s the limit on what you can choose! 

Most sellers have pre-made extensions, which are mainly 18”-22” long.  I have medium to short length hair, so 18”-22” would be way too long.

I contacted Lulu about the particular colors and size I had in mind and was able to order a 12” set in whatever colors my little heart desired.  In this case, I wanted brown Ombrè with tips that go from lavender to teal.
From the very beginning Lulu was amazing.  I’m not just saying that because I’m obsessed with the extensions, but she really goes above and beyond in customer service.  She responds quickly and is such a pleasure!  There was a little snafu with the mailing address and Lulu contacted me immediately, apologizing for the discrepancy and sending it priority mail (stuffed with extra goodies!).

Maybe that sounds customary, but take it from a former online shopping addict- it’s not.  I have had sellers leave me wondering and waiting, never bothering to mention that they had to re-send a package.  It’s the worst when you skip happily to the mailbox day after day thinking “today is the day!”, only to get there and find a big nothing.  So sad [cue the little violin].

Once I received my package, I was so overjoyed.  She stuffed some goodies in the package for me to make up for the mailing issue.  Lucky me!  She sent me a peacock colored braid, a purple iTip extension, cotton candy lip balm, sparkle hair accessories, and a sparkle comb!


Here's what was in my package:
Right: Peacock colored braid; Middle: Hair accessories and lip balm; Left: Purple Ombrè iTip extension
From left to right: Cotton Candy lip balm; 3 headbands; sparkle hair-tie
Sparkle Comb (included with every order)

I love the quality of the hair, so soft and vibrant, not to mention it smelled like cotton candy!  Each extension is made with 100% human hair which she hand dyes.  You can curl it, straighten it, wash it, etc. basically anything you do with your own hair because it’s real hair.
What I love most about my extensions is how well it blends with my hair; they don’t look like extensions!  In my opinion, the colors look different in various lighting.  Sometimes the teal looks like a pastel blue, sometimes it looks aqua; sometimes the purple looks lavender, sometimes it looks like a light magenta.  It’s fabulous!
Look at the amazing blend of blue and turquoise!  Any peacock would be jealous.  
Peacock braid unraveled
If you're looking for quality custom extensions at great prices, then I highly recommend Lulu.  
You will not be disappointed!
Click on this photo to visit her Etsy shop!

8 comments:

Heidi-likes said... [Reply to comment]

This is awesome! So clever and great for summer x

http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Awesome hair braids!

www.nicoleta.me

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Wunderschöner Blog! :-$
Vielleicht hast du ja Lust auf gegenseitiges Verfolgen. :-) Würde mich sehr freuen. :-*
Hier ist mein Blog:
http://vanessaoriginals3.blogspot.de/
Liebe Grüße
Vanessa <3

Florence said... [Reply to comment]

nice blog!

Let's follow eachother?
http://thesweet-beauty.blogspot.be/

Florence x

ilgin said... [Reply to comment]

einen schönen blog hast du.
ich folge dir.


würde mich freuen wenn du auch mal bei mir vorbeischaust.

lg ilgin

iamilgin.blogspot.com

Heidi-likes said... [Reply to comment]

Following you! Don't forget to enter my topshop giveaway :)

Sandra said... [Reply to comment]

I love this trend! I really wish I had the guts to dye my hair like this. :)

http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

theamazingworldofj said... [Reply to comment]

I absolutely love those!! I was looking for something like that cause i don't want to dye my hair in those loud color lol. I'll go check it out right away!

Check out my Giveaway if you feel like

http://theamazingworldofj.blogspot.com/2012/06/you-rock-giveaway-theamazingworldofj.html

Janine

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read and appreciate every single one

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...