27 February 2012

Picks of the Month



Hello Lovelies!

I really meant to start this last month, but since January AND February have gone by at the speed of light, I will combine the two.

Every month, I would like to dedicate a post in honor of my favorite products of the month.

Since my favorites change almost by the minute, I think recapping at the end of the month will help me differentiate between a crush and love.

To continue reading, click below :)




January

Skin79 Hot Pink BB Cream
This month was all about Skin79's BB Cream!  I spoke about it in my last post and am really loving it.

Dior Powder Eyebrow Pencil
Although I like using a powder for the most part, I do like using a pencil to cover up any bald patches.


Image from Nordstrom.com
What I love about this Dior pencil is that the formula isn't waxy.  So throughout the day you don't look like you have greasy shiny brows.  I also like the coverage of this.

Deborah Lippmann polish in Today Was a Fairy tale
Ahh!!!  This has got to be my all time favorite polish!  Deborah claims to make this with "virgin diamond powder"...I'm not sure what that is but I love it!


Image from Nordstrom.com
The color is so unique, and so sparkly.  If you are not one for glitter or sparkles, then pass on this.  But if you're like me and you love it, then this will make your heart jump with glee.

I paired 3 coats of Today Was a Fairytale (for optimum bling) with a top coat of Seche Vitae and the color lasted all week.

January's disappointment:  Can I get a big womp womp for Lime Crime's Great Pink Planet?  Not only did it dry out my lips, but it made them flaky as well!  I was really expecting more since I've read such great reviews- not to mention the price (it costs more than a MAC lipstick).


Image from LimeCrimeMakeup.com
February

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat
Such a great highlighter!  I love the whole compactness of it.

Image from Sephora.com
Just a couple of dabs on your cheekbones, bridge of nose, and under eye area will leave your face looking wide eyed and refreshed.   It's also great for covering redness and under eye discoloration.

NARS Blush in Taj Mahal

Image from Temptalia.com
I can't take the credit for discovering this beauty.

I first laid eyes on this wonderful color on this post by the lovely Ailah of Cosmetic Blur.

This was such a unique color and beautiful- I had to have it!!


I would advise to use this color with a light hand as it is highly pigmented.

Anastasia Beauty Express for Brows and Face in Brunette

Image from Sephora.com
Things I love: The eyebrow powders of course!  They are perfectly matte.  Again, much like the Dior pencil, these powders will not leave your brows looking like grease balls.

The brush that's included in the kit is awesome.  Out of the 3 brushes I already own (Sigma, Sephora, MAC), I like this one the best.

The highlighter is great as well, I love dabbing it over areas that haven't been plucked.  It gives the brows more definition.  The wax is also great because it really keeps eyebrows in place.

Things I don't like:

I've had this little kit for about 3 weeks now and the mirror fell off!  It's not like I man-handle this either.  It looks like the glue just stopped doing its job, and when I open the kit, I have to un-snap the mirror from the magnet every time (pretty annoying).

I also found the stencils really hard to use.  By the time I was done, I looked like a crazy Count Dracula- seriously.

Image from Google

This month's disappointment: Skin79's BB  Diamond Luminous Pearl Beblesh Balm.  I literally had it on for 45 minutes and I broke out so badly!  It was puberty all over again.



Good thing I only had the sample sized and didn't purchase a full sized one.  Otherwise, I'd be very annoyed.

I did like the gold version, maybe more so than the pink.  I'm undecided but a little scarred from the Pearl to try anything else out.

There you have it. My favorite products of the month.

Have you used any of these? What did you think of them?

Thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

Ailah said... [Reply to comment]

Yay thanks for the shoutout! I'm the same way as you, if a face item from one brand messes up my skin, it takes me quite a while to try something else from the same line. Love your selection for the months!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks! I think I found the BEST face products of all time- ever.

I'll have to keep using them and will report what they are at the end of the month :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read and appreciate every single one

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...